Monday, November 03, 2014

Four legs

At the depth of deep valley, 4 branches ceder was there. The road from top of Mt. Togo to the tree was very hard. The slope was very heavy. And the surface of the road was often hidden by bush. And the surface of the road was muddy by the rain in the last night.
I often thought that I should abandon to reach there, because the road was too long and I thought I might miss the road.
When I found the tree over the deep bush, I was very happy.

The tree was very strange. branches were connected each other by the iron rings and chains as if they are handcuff. And the atmosphere around the tree was eerie and dark.
After I returned home, I heard the legend about the tree. It was more than 400 years old. And the tree had walked by the 4 legs in Edo period. So, the people in the age connected the 4 branches in order to inhibit it walk.

I could understood the strange atmosphere around it. It was mysterious and interesting experience.

1 comment:

  1. abandon:諦める
    handcuff:手錠
    eerie:不気味な
    Edo period:江戸時代
    age:時代

    ReplyDelete