Saturday, November 19, 2011

Capitalist society

I went to business trip with elder worker. During the trip, he requested me to buy a toy on internet, as he can't use computers.
He wanted to present a masked rider's belt to his grandchild. But, the belt is not there in toy shops. He said that such popular toys were bought almost all by trader. And, they sell for twice as much as catalog price. When I checked the price on internet, the catalog price is about 5,000yen. But, the real price on internet was from 10,000yen to 16,000.
He got angry and said that such traders were eating children's dream. I agree about it. But, it is not against the law in capitalist society.
When I return to my home, masked rider's belt was delivered.
By the way, Amazon is not the trader. Amazon is a distribution company. I'm fan of Amazon. I always buy many items from them.

4 comments:

  1. trader:業者
    sell for twice as much as:2倍の値段で売る
    catalog price:定価
    against the law:法に反する
    capitalist society:資本主義社会
    deliver:配達する
    distribution company:流通会社

    ReplyDelete
  2. masked rider:仮面ライダー

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you buy the masked rider's belt in the catalogue price from Amazon surely?



    The traders are too bad .

    However as you say, unfortunately it is not against the law in this case.

    Anyway I hate such traders ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought it from a toy shop by way of Amazon. I paid 9,980yen to Amazon. The toy shop is the trader.
    I don't know how mach margin Amazon have gotten. But, I imagine that margin percentage which the toy shop got will be more than 70%.

    by way of:~経由で
    margin percentage:利益率

    ReplyDelete