Sunday, December 04, 2011

Gama

I found a strange plant which is said Gama. The berry which looks like sausage is called "Gama-no-ho". I like to see this berry from when I was child.
There is a Japanese mythology which treat about this berry. The mythology says that following story.
A pitiful rabbit wept at seaside, because he was stripped his skin by shark. A tender god ravel out the berry and make soft cotton. And, he roll up the rabbit by the cotton.
I can't understand the deep meaning about this mythology. But, it stood out in my memory.

4 comments:

  1. berry:実
    mythology:神話
    pitiful:哀れな
    wept:weep-wept wept:泣く
    strip one's skin:皮を剥ぐ
    ravel out:ほぐす
    cotton:綿
    stand out in my memory:印象に残る

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not yet heard the mythology.

    Could you tell me about the name of mythology?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is the most famous mythology in Japan. Maybe, my English expression power is fail.
    The mythology is "White rabbit in Inaba". The god's name is "Ohkuni-nushi-no-mikoto".

    White rabbit in Inaba:因幡の白兎
    Ohkuni-nushi-no-mikoto:大国主命

    ReplyDelete